How to kill someone and get away with it...

Wednesday 30 April 2008
Holy christ, if this isn't proof that casual gaming has blown the market wide open then nothing is...

On my lunch break, I decided to buy Grand Theft Auto IV (you might have heard of it), because I'm getting fed up waiting for my promo copy. Okay so, I'm impatient, but when you go on Xbox Live and see your entire friends list playing it, you can't help but feel a little behind the times.

After buying the game I stood outside the store speaking to one of my friends and this old man walks up to us and asks:

"Is that the new Grand Theft Auto you've been buying"

"Yes"

"Be careful you don't go killing people!"

"I'll try not to"

Now - The result of media hype combined with that utter fuckwit Jack Thompson's rantings about how evil the game is or something else?

To be honest, as the cashier handed the game over the desk to me I could literally feel the murderous rage building up inside me. It's lucky this country doesn't condone guns or I would have killed several people by now.

Complete and utter morons...

To the rest of us who understand it's only a game (99.9% of the population) I'm going to go home after work, put my feet up and take my first steps in Liberty City.

Game on!

Much love,

Dave

0 comments: