Gentlemen...welcome to PAL country

Thursday 15 May 2008
Raise your hands if you've ever traced back your family tree.

I imagine it must be pretty interesting, finding your roots and such. I think it's quite a curious thing, but either A) Cannot be arsed or B) Something good was on the telly.

But now I think I have the perfect incentive to do it, I honestly think I have.

Rock Band comes out on the 22nd after much delay and 'localisation' (Read: adding a few Oasis and Blur tracks - thanks guys!) at the criminal price of £150. Please note that this price is for the peripheral-only 'band in a box' pack and you must purchase the game on top of this for a further £45 quid.

Fuck, the fuck off please EA!!

That is highway robbery and it seems unfair that the US gamers get to play the game for $150 all-inclusive (that's around about £115) and we get the piss taken out of us.

Now...back to the family tree.

I wonder if at some point in my family's history, there was a moment where if I stopped one of my relatives 'doing the do', through whatever means necessary, it would fuck up the world's timeline enough that I was actually born as an American or better yet, a Japanese bloke, they always seem to get first dibs on everything game-like and reap the rewards of cheaper prices.

Someone get me a Delorean and some plutonium please!

Roads? where I'm going I don't need roads!

Much love,

Dave

0 comments: